The POWERbreathe K2 is the mid-range model in the series and uses the same auto-optimising IMT technology as the K1 and K3 models. It includes more features than the K1 yet fewer than the K3 model. The K2 has been designed for people who require Breathing Training as well as Testing and Monitoring.
The K2 uses the basic principles of resistance training. Just as you might use weights to strengthen your arm muscles, breathing in through POWERbreathe against the electronically controlled, rapid-response valve creates a resistance to inhalation - thereby increasing inspiratory muscle strength and endurance.
POWERbreathe kinetic is ideal for:
People experiencing breathing difficulties resulting from a medical condition, sedentary lifestyle or old age
Sports professionals, including coaches, therapists, athletes, recreational fitness and sports enthusiasts
Uniformed services – army, navy, air force, police, fire service
Performers, including singers, actors, musicians, public speakers and teachers
POWERbreathe kinetic is the 3rd generation of POWERbreathe Inspiratory Muscle Training series (breathing training) and the world’s first portable precision electronic inspiratory muscle training and monitoring system that delivers a superior performance. POWERbreathe kinetic is rechargeable and supplied with a recharging and display stand.
The POWERbreathe kinetic uses the basic principles of resistance training. Just as you might use weights to strengthen your arm muscles, breathing in through POWERbreathe against the electronically controlled, rapid-response valve creates a resistance to inhalation – thereby increasing inspiratory muscle strength and endurance.
The POWERbreathe Kinetic K2 enables you to:
- Assesses the strength of your breathing muscles automatically adapting the resistance load to suit your training requirements, maximising training effectiveness.
- Monitor your training session intensity & resistance can be set to suit your own training ability. Advanced users can therefore manually control training loads for precise training targets.
- Display the number of breaths remaining in the current session. A breathing pacing coach (beep) indicates when to breathe & informs you when the session is complete.
- See your training results displayed on the screen, for monitoring training progress & optimising training technique. A measure of your inspiratory muscle strength.
- View your strength index which is rated (poor to excellent) based upon your age, height, weight & gender. S-Index rating compares your inspiratory muscle strength with that of an average individual.
- Display the T-Index which measures the effectiveness of your training session based upon amount of energy expended. It is shown as a percentage & provides a comparison with population normal values.
- POWERbreathe Kinetic K2 inspiratory muscle trainer
- Recharging and display stand
- Instructional DVD (approximately 35 minutes)
- Soft-touch nose-clip
- Storage pouch
- 4x cleansing tablets
- User manual